Another thing I like about Android is that Jelly Bean (the operating system) is much more flexible and better to customize it the way you like. Apple's IOS 6 (their operating system) is very locked in and you really can't do much. With my phone, I have it customized the exact way I want on my home screen. Apple's home screen is stuck with one layout and that's it. Now Apple may sound bad but there are advantages of having an iPhone. Though IOS 6 is locked in, some people enjoy this. If you like not having to customize your phone as much then an iPhone is probably the right phone. Jelly Bean though is great if you like tinkering with its keyboards and other things like that. IPhone's have a feature called iMessages which is a program that allows you to text other people with Apple products for free. There are apps you can get for Android that is more or less the same feature but they are not as good. I personally think that Androids operating system is much better than Apple's.
Androids phones tend to be stronger and more durable than the iPhone. Most Android phones have plastic backs with a toughened glass on the front. The iPhone 5 uses toughened glass on the front and aluminium on the back. This is an improvement from the iPhone 4 which had a glass front and back. This made the back much, much weaker. Samsung phones use Corning Gorilla Glass II for their screens and Apple uses a comparable toughened glass. Some Android phones are much larger than iPhone's, which I find an advantage. The back of the iPhone is weak in the 4th generation but very strong in the 5th generation. Some Android's have glass backs, some have metal, and some have plastic. In comparison to the s3, the back feels much mores sturdy on the iPhone because of it being metal. The s3's feel light and flimsy (especially when you take it off) but this isn't that much of a draw back. Though the back is flimsy, you can access the SIM card slot and the micro SD slot. This allows you to add more space onto your phone if you want to whereas the iPhone's back is fixed on (along with the storage space).
Being an owner of Apple and Android products, I think Android phones are much nicer. The operating system is better and more user friendly. The price of Androids are much lower and the ascetics are better. For all these reasons, I believe the answer to the question "Apple or Android", is Android.

No comments:
Post a Comment