Because I can't recall watching TEDtalks with a supply teacher, I'm going to write about the TEDx youth thing we went to. I couldn't stay until the very end because of work, so this will just be about the speakers I got to listen to. Personally, I found the entire day to be very boring. To begin, they picked awful MC's. The guy (whose name I believe is Renjie or some shit but let's just call him guy) was very nervous and not confidant of himself. He kept saying things like "sorry if this is bad, I stayed up to 2am" which automatically lowers my expectations. The girl MC wasn't as bad as guy but she still didn't do anything to try and get the audience excited or whatnot. Also, kind of off topic but, why the fuck did they try to make us do the wave so many times. I thought that some of the speakers were amazing but most of them I found to be boring and just repeating the same message over and over. My favorite. speaker was definitely the slam poet. I found I could really relate to her and I really liked the message she conveyed through her poem. I also found her to be very funny and she was was able to make things less awkward during silences. Overall it was an interesting day even though it wasn't quite what I expected.
I appreciate your honesty, but avoid swearing in these since they're associated with the school.
ReplyDelete